Intended Audience: Experienced Power BI practitioners
This session will teach participants how to:
- Create and share a dataset
- Use a dataset to create a report in the service and in the Power BI Desktop
- Create and share a dataflow
- Use a dataflow to create a data model in the Power BI Desktop
Create a report in the Service
- Use a published dataset to create a report in the Power BI Service
Create a thin report
- Use the resulting dataset in the Power BI desktop to create a new report
Create a composite model
- Add new data to an existing dataset in the Power BI Desktop
- Add local measures to the thin report
Create a dataflow
- Connect to data stored in OneDrive
- Create a dataflow using Power Query Editor in the Power BI Service
- Set up a refresh for the dataflow
Create a report using a dataflow
- Connect to a dataflow and create a data model
- Create a report using the resulting data model
- Publish the report
- This is a full day session designed to be delivered with two 15-minute breaks and one lunch break.
- We will be using an existing Power BI report, which will be sent to the participants ahead of the class.
- Participants should have the Power BI Desktop installed.
- This is not a class for beginners. Attendees should have experience creating, publishing and viewing reports in the Service.
More Power BI Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company