Who should take this course?
Candidates for this course should have subject matter expertise in designing, creating, and deploying enterprise-scale data analytics solutions. Specifically, candidates should have advanced Power BI skills, including managing data repositories and data processing in the cloud and on-premises, along with using Power Query and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). They should also be proficient in consuming data from Azure Synapse Analytics and should have experience querying relational databases, analyzing data by using Transact-SQL (T-SQL), and visualizing data.
A foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they’re implemented using Azure data services. For more information see Azure Data Fundamentals. Experience designing and building scalable data models, cleaning and transforming data, and enabling advanced analytic capabilities that provide meaningful business value using Microsoft Power BI.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Implement and manage a data analytics environment
- Query and transform data
- Implement and manage data models
- Explore and visualize data
1 – Introduction to data analytics on Azure
- Explore Azure data services for modern analytics
- Understand concepts of data analytics
- Explore data analytics at scale
2 – Govern data across an enterprise
- Introduction to Microsoft Purview
- Discover trusted data using Microsoft Purview
- Catalog data artifacts by using Microsoft Purview
- Manage Power BI artifacts by using Microsoft Purview
3 – Model, query, and explore data in Azure Synapse
- Introduction to Azure Synapse Analytics
- Use Azure Synapse serverless SQL pool to query files in a data lake
- Analyze data with Apache Spark in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Analyze data in a relational data warehouse
4 – Prepare data for tabular models in Power BI
- Choose a Power BI model framework
- Understand scalability in Power BI
- Optimize Power Query for scalable solutions
- Create and manage scalable Power BI dataflows
5 – Design and build scalable tabular models
- Create Power BI model relationships
- Enforce model security
- Implement DirectQuery
- Create calculation groups
- Use tools to optimize Power BI performance
6 – Implement advanced data visualization techniques by using Power BI
- Understand advanced data visualization concepts
- Customize core data models
- Monitor data in real-time with Power BI
- Create and distribute paginated reports in Power BI report builder
7 – Implement and manage an analytics environment
- Provide governance in a Power BI environment
- Facilitate collaboration and sharing in Power BI
- Monitor and audit usage
- Provision Premium capacity in Power BI
- Establish a data access infrastructure in Power BI
- Broaden the reach of Power BI
- Automate Power BI administration
- Build reports using Power BI within Azure Synapse Analytics
8 – Manage the analytics development lifecycle
- Design a Power BI application lifecycle management strategy
- Create and manage a Power BI deployment pipeline
- Create and manage Power BI assets
9 – Integrate an analytics platform into an existing IT infrastructure
- Recommend and configure a Power BI tenant or workspace
- Identify requirements for a solution, including features, performance, and licensing strategy
- Integrate an existing Power BI workspace into Azure Synapse Analytics
More Azure Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company