Who should take this course?
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query
- Include a search condition in a simple query
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen
- Retrieve data from tables
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report
- Use subqueries to generate query output
- Manipulate table data by inserting, updating, and deleting records in a table
- Manipulate the table structure
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views
- Create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction
What is Structured Query Language (SQL)?
- Relational Databases
- Basic SQL Keywords
- Tips for Planning Queries
- What People Do with Queries
- Understanding Data Types
- SQL Platforms
- Using SELECT Statements to Examine Database Tables
- Using Results to Figure Out Other Tables to Examine
- Using Comments in SQL Code
- Narrowing you SQL Statements Down to Fields
- Sorting Records
- Using Field Aliasing
- Saving a SQL Statement
Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Inner and Outer Joins
- Table Aliasing
- Self Joins
Using Criteria in SQL Statements
- Avoiding Ambiguous Situations
- Using a Single Criterion to Limit Records
- AND/OR Situation in Criteria
- Criteria Keywords
- Using Comparison Criteria
- Using Wildcards
Generating Totals Using SQL
- Aggregate Keywords
- The GROUP BY Clause
- Finding Top N Values
- Using Offset and Fetch to Limit Rows Returned
- Using Criteria in Aggregate-Based Queries
Generating Calculated Fields Using SQL
- Math Calculations
- Using SQL Keywords to Enhance the Display of Data
- Date Calculations
- Text Calculations
Unions, Subqueries, and More Joins
- Using a Where Clause as an Inner Join
- Using Unions
- Using Intersect and Except without Using Joins
- Using Subqueries
- Matching Conditions with Subqueries
- Using the Insert Keyword
- Using Update Statements
- Using the Delete Keyword
Advanced SQL Functions
- Replacing NULL Values
- Comparing Expressions
- Returning Multiple Rows without Self-Joins
- Updating Contents in a String
- Using an IF Statement
- Using a Case Statement
- Using the While Statement
Data Types for SQL Server
- String Data Types
- Numeric Data Types
- Date and Time Data Types
- Other Data Types
More SQL Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company