Who should take this course?
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
SQL Server Security
- Authenticating Connections to SQL Server
- Authorizing Logins to Connect to databases
- Authorization Across Servers
- Partially Contained Databases
Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Working with server roles
- Working with Fixed Database Roles
- Assigning User-Defined Database Roles
Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Describe and use server roles to manage server-level security.
- Describe and use fixed database roles.
- Custom roles to manage database-level security
Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Options for auditing data access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server Audit
- Managing SQL Server Audit
- Protecting Data with Encryption
Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Understanding Backup Strategies
- SQL Server Transaction Logs
- Planning Backup Strategies
Backing Up SQL Server Databases
- Backing Up Databases and Transaction Logs
- Managing Database Backups
- Advanced Database Options
Restoring SQL Server Databases
- Understanding the Restore Process
- Restoring Databases
- Advanced Restore Scenarios
- Point-in-Time Recovery
Automating SQL Server Management
- Automating SQL Server management
- Working with SQL Server Agent
- Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Multi-server Management
Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Understanding SQL Server Agent Security
- Configuring Credentials
- Configuring Proxy Accounts
Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Monitoring SQL Server Errors
- Configuring Database Mail
- Operators, Alerts, and Notifications
- Alerts in Azure SQL Database
Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Getting Started with Windows PowerShell
- Configure SQL Server using PowerShell
- Administer and Maintain SQL Server with PowerShell
- Managing Azure SQL Databases using PowerShell
Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Extended Events Core Concepts
- Working with Extended Events
Monitoring SQL Server
- Monitoring activity
- Capturing and Managing Performance Data
- Analyzing Collected Performance Data
- SQL Server Utility
Troubleshooting SQL Server
- A Trouble Shooting Methodology for SQL Server
- Resolving Service Related Issues
- Resolving Connectivity and Log-in issues
Importing and Exporting Data
- Transferring Data to and from SQL Server
- Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Using bcp and BULK INSERT to Import Data
- Deploying and Upgrading Data-Tier Application
More SQL Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company