Who should take this course?
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SKO-005.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Manage server hardware.
- Install server hardware and operating systems.
- Configure networking hardware and protocols.
- Perform basic server configuration tasks.
- Create a virtual server environment.
- Administer servers.
- Implement server storage solutions.
- Secure the server.
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot server issues.
1 – Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Understand Server Administration Concepts
- Understand Troubleshooting Methods
- Manage Licenses
2 – Understanding Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Understand Virtualization Concepts
- Understanding Cloud Concepts
- Understand On-Premises versus Cloud Deployments
3 – Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
- Understand Physical Security Concepts
- Understand Network Security Concepts
4 – Managing Physical Assets
- Understand Asset Management Concepts
- Manage Documentation
5 – Managing Server Hardware
- Manage the Physical Server
- Administer the Server and Storage
- Troubleshoot Server Hardware
6 – Configuring Storage Management
- Manage Storage
- Troubleshoot Storage
7 – Installing and Configuring an Operating System
- Install an Operating System
- Configure Storage
- Configure Network Settings
- Use Scripts to Configure Servers
8 – Troubleshooting OS, Application, and Network Configurations
- Troubleshoot an Operating System and Applications
- Troubleshoot Network Configurations
9 – Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Understand Secure Administration Practices
- Manage Server Functions
- Configure Server Hardening
10 – Managing Data Security
- Understand Data Security Concepts
- Manage Data Security
- Troubleshoot Data Security
11 – Managing Service and Data Availability
- Manage Data Backup and Restore
- Manage High Availability
- Manage Disaster Recovery
12 – Decommissioning Servers
- Decommission Servers
More CompTIA Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company