Who should take this course?
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification. CompTIA Network+ is the first certification IT professionals specializing in network administration and support should earn. Network+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician, and IT cable installer. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Network+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Certification Exam.
A typical student taking the CompTIA Network+ course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. To ensure your success in this course, you should possess basic Windows® and Linux® user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Explain the OSI and TCP/IP Models.
- Explain properties of network traffic.
- Install and configure switched networks.
- Configure IP networks.
- Install and configure routed networks.
- Configure and monitor ports and protocols.
- Explain network application and storage issues.
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks.
- Explain network attacks and mitigations.
- Install and configure security devices.
- Explain authentication and access controls.
- Deploy and troubleshoot cabling solutions.
- Implement and troubleshoot wireless technologies.
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
- Use remote access methods.
- Identify site policies and best practices.
1 – Explaining the OSI and TCP/IP Models
- Explain OSI Model Layers
- Explain the TCP/IP Suite
2 – Explaining Properties of Network Traffic
- Explain Media Types and Access Methods
- Deploy Ethernet Standards
- Configure and Monitor Network Interfaces
3 – Installing and Configuring Switched Networks
- Install and Configure Hubs and Bridges
- Install and Configure Switches
- Compare and Contrast Network Topologies
- Compare and Contrast Network Types
4 – Configuring IP Networks
- Configure IPv4 Addressing Components
- Test IP Interfaces with Command Line Tools
- Configure IPv4 Subnets
- Configure Private and Public IPv4 Addressing Schemes
- Configure IPv6 Addressing Components
- Configure DHCP Services
5 – Installing and Configuring Routed Networks
- Explain Characteristics of Routing
- Install and Configure Routers
6 – Configuring and Monitoring Ports and Protocols
- Explain the Uses of Ports and Protocols
- Use Port Scanners and Protocol Analyzers
- Explain the Use of Name Resolution Services
- Configure DNS and IPAM Services
7 – Explaining Network Application and Storage Services
- Explain the Uses of Network Applications
- Explain the Uses of Voice Services and Advanced Networking Devices
- Explain the Uses of Virtualization and Network Storage Services
- Summarize the Concepts of Cloud Services
8 – Monitoring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Monitor Network Interfaces and Logs
- Explain Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshoot Common Network Services Issues
9 – Explaining Networking Attacks and Mitigations
- Summarize Common Networking Attacks
- Explain the Characteristics of VLANs
- Explain the Characteristics of NAT and Port Forwarding
10 – Installing and Configuring Security Devices
- Install and Configure Firewalls and Proxies
- Explain the Uses of IDS/IPS and UTM
11 – Explaining Authentication and Access Controls
- Explain Authentication Controls and Attacks
- Explain the Uses of Authentication Protocols and Directory Services
- Explain the Uses of Port Security and NAC
- Implement Network Device Hardening
- Explain Patch Management and Vulnerability Scanning Processes
12 – Deploying and Troubleshooting Cabling Solutions
- Deploy Structured Cabling Systems
- Deploy Twisted Pair Cabling Solutions
- Test and Troubleshoot Twisted Pair Cabling Solutions
- Deploy Fiber Optic Cabling Solutions
13 – Implementing and Troubleshooting Wireless Technologies
- Install and Configure Wireless Technologies
- Troubleshoot Wireless Performance Issues
- Secure and Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity
14 – Comparing and Contrasting WAN Technologies
- Compare and Contrast WAN Core Service Types
- Compare and Contrast WAN Subscriber Service Types
- Compare and Contrast WAN Framing Service Types
- Compare and Contrast Wireless and IoT WAN Technologies
15 – Using Remote Access Methods
- Use Remote Access VPNs
- Use Remote Access Management Methods
- 16 – Identifying Site Policies and Best Practices
- Manage Networks with Documentation and Diagrams
- Summarize the Purposes of Physical Security Devices
- Compare and Contrast Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Identify Policies and Best Practices
More CompTIA Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company