Who should take this course?
CompTIA Data+ is an early-career data analytics certification for professionals tasked with developing and promoting data-driven business decision-making. CompTIA Data+ gives you the confidence to bring data analysis to life.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Manage server hardware.
- Install server hardware and operating systems.
- Configure networking hardware and protocols.
- Perform basic server configuration tasks.
- Create a virtual server environment.
- Administer servers.
- Implement server storage solutions.
- Secure the server.
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot server issues.
1 – Identifying Basic Concepts of Data Schemas
- Identify Relational and Non-Relational Databases
- Understand the Way We Use Tables, Primary Keys, and Normalization
2 – Understanding Different Data Systems
- Describe Types of Data Processing and Storage Systems
- Explain How Data Changes
3 – Understanding Types and Characteristics of Data
- Understand Types of Data
- Break Down the Field Data Types
4 – Comparing and Contrasting Different Data Structures, Formats, and Markup Languages
- Differentiate between Structured Data and Unstructured Data
- Recognize Different File Formats
- Understand the Different Code Languages Used for Data
5 – Explaining Data Integration and Collection Methods
- Understand the Processes of Extracting, Transforming, and Loading Data
- Explain API/Web Scraping and Other Collection Methods
- Collect and Use Public and Publicly-Available Data
- Use and Collect Survey Data
6 – Identifying Common Reasons for Cleansing and Profiling Data
- Learn to Profile Data
- Address Redundant, Duplicated, and Unnecessary Data
- Work with Missing Value
- Address Invalid Data
- Convert Data to Meet Specifications
7 – Executing Different Data Manipulation Techniques
- Manipulate Field Data and Create Variables
- Transpose and Append Data
- Query Data
8 – Explaining Common Techniques for Data Manipulation and Optimization
- Use Functions to Manipulate Data
- Use Common Techniques for Query Optimization
9 – Applying Descriptive Statistical Methods
- Use Measures of Central Tendency
- Use Measures of Dispersion
- Use Frequency and Percentages
10 – Describing Key Analysis Techniques
- Get Started with Analysis
- Recognize Types of Analysis
11 – Understanding the Use of Different Statistical Methods
- Understand the Importance of Statistical Tests
- Break Down the Hypothesis Test
- Understand Tests and Methods to Determine Relationships Between Variables
12 – Using the Appropriate Type of Visualization
- Use Basic Visuals
- Build Advanced Visuals
- Build Maps with Geographical Data
- Use Visuals to Tell a Story
13 – Expressing Business Requirements in a Report Format
- Consider Audience Needs When Developing a Report
- Describe Data Source Considerations For Reporting
- Describe Considerations for Delivering Reports and Dashboards
- Develop Reports or Dashboards
- Understand Ways to Sort and Filter Data
14 – Designing Components for Reports and Dashboards
- Design Elements for Reports and Dashboards
- Utilize Standard Elements
- Creating a Narrative and Other Written Elements
- Understand Deployment Considerations
15 – Understand Deployment Considerations
- Understand How Updates and Timing Affect Reporting
- Differentiate Between Types of Reports
16 – Summarizing the Importance of Data Governance
- Define Data Governance
- Understand Access Requirements and Policies
- Understand Security Requirements
- Understand Entity Relationship Requirements
17 – Applying Quality Control to Data
- Describe Characteristics, Rules, and Metrics of Data Quality
- Identify Reasons to Quality Check Data and Methods of Data Validation
18 – Explaining Master Data Management Concepts
- Explain the Basics of Master Data Management
- Describe Master Data Management Processes
More CompTIA Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company