Class 1 knowledge or 3+ months of experience using Smartsheet
- Use absolute vs relative cell referencing in a formula
- Convert between cell and column formulas
- Write SUM and COUNT formulas
- Write formulas to calculate data or automate aspects of a sheet based on the hierarchy (i.e., PARENT(), CHILDREN(), ANCESTORS())
- Use the JOIN formula to include parent row data in reports
- Use the COLLECT formula to collect specific values in a range that meet the provided criteria
- Write formulas using IF() and nested IF()s to update symbol columns and drop-down lists
- =IF(Status@row = “Complete”, “Green”, IF(AND(Status@row <> “Complete”, TODAY() > [Finish]@row), “Red”, IF(AND(Status@row = “Not Started”), “Blue”, “Yellow”)))
- Use the TODAY function to reference the current date
- Design effective sheet columns for form fields
- Organize and hide fields on the form
- Set fields to require to make the field mandatory on the form
- Set default field values to improve ease of use for the end user
- Adjust form security settings to limit access to the form
- Apply custom branding
- Share forms with internal and external users
- Use system columns to track submission data
Create and share a workspace or sheet
Favorite a sheet
Workspaces and Folders
- When to create a new workspace or a subfolder within an existing workspace
- Create permissions at the workspace and sheet level
- Assign permissions for a workspace and a sheet within that workspace to ensure that collaborators have appropriate access.
Track and View Sheet Activity
- Use available functions to track sheet changes over time (eg, highlight, cell history, activity log)
Sorting and Filtering
- Determine if a given set of actions can be accomplished using a workflow
- Create automated workflows using available triggers and frequencies
- Create sheet-level automations (single or multi-level)
- Create automation to move/copy rows between sheets
- Sequence automations and create conditional paths (eg, waiting for response)
- Set recipient permission levels for workflows
- Know how to delete, duplicate and disable workflows
Add links and images for easy access by team members
Alerts & Reminders
- Create alerts/reminders to notify users of field changes
- Create and send row data and update requests to collaborators not shared to the sheet
Export, publish, or print a sheet to share data with a broader audience
Update Cell Actions
- Create a filtered view of data from multiple sheets
- Link multiple sheets, a folder, or a workspace to a report
- Group and summarize rows to display totals, counts, etc
- Understand the difference between a summary report and a row report
- Create a report that only shows data relevant to the current user
- Modify the layout of the report (eg, column names, column sequence)
- Copy an existing report to use as a basis for additional reports
- Create and schedule a report to send as an attachment
- Create editable reports that allow recipients to update information on the sheet
- Publish reports to share with external stakeholders
- Share reports with internal stakeholders
- Sheet Summary Reports
- Display data in different views to communicate with various team members (i.e. Gantt with stakeholders, calendar with team leads, card with team members)
More Smartsheet Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company