Who should take this course?
This class has something for everything, from beginners who wish to customize their data entry forms in SharePoint right up to advanced users who need to use advanced formulas to deliver more bespoke actions to their apps.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Understand when to use PowerApp.
- Describe the components of PowerApps and their correct use.
- Create PowerApps from existing data sources.
- Brand PowerApps.
- Customize PowerApps beyond just using the automated wizards.
- Connect to a range of data sources from Excel to Azure SQL.
- Understand the difference between canvas apps and model-driven apps.
- Integrate PowerApps with other Office 365 systems – including Teams and SharePoint Online.
- Administer and Maintain PowerApps
1 – AN INTRODUCTION TO POWERAPPS
- What is PowerApps?
- The benefits of apps
- How to get PowerApps
- Canvas Apps and Model-Driven Apps
- License Options and Costs
- Discover PowerApps with Templates
- Lab 1: Introduction to PowerApps
2 – GETTING STARTED WITH POWERAPPS
- Building a new app from a data source
- Add, edit and remove controls
- Intro to Formulas
- Testing an app
- App Settings
- Publish and Share Apps
- Version History and Restore
- PowerApps Mobile App
- Lab 1: Getting Started
3 – BRANDING AND MEDIA
- Less is more
- Duplicate Screens
- Screen Colors and Matching Colors
- Screen Backgrounds
- Buttons and Icons
- Hide on Timer
- Size and Alignment by reference
- Show and Hide on Timer
- Lab 1: Branding and Media
4 – POWERAPPS CONTROLS
- Text Controls for Data Entry and Display
- Controls – Drop downs, combo box, date picker, radio button and more
- Forms – Add and edit data in underlying data sources quickly
- Charts – present information in pie, line and bar charts
- Lab 1: Build Apps from Blank
5 – DATA SOURCES AND LOGIC
- Data Storage and Services
- How do I decide which database to use?
- Connect to on-premises data – Gateway
- What is Delegation?
- Specific Data Examples
- Displaying Data
- Lab 1: Data Source and Logic
6 – MODEL-DRIVEN APPS
- What is a model-driven app?
- Where will my data be stored?
- How do create a model-driven app
- Canvas vs model-driven summary
- Lab 1: Model-Driven App
7 – POWERAPP INTEGRATION
- Embed PowerApps in Teams
- Embed PowerApps in SharePoint Online
- Start a Flow from a PowerApp
- Lab 1: PowerApp Integration
8 – ADMINISTRATION AND MAINTENANCE OF POWERAPPS
- Identify which users have been using PowerApps
- Reuse an app in another location (move from testing or development to production)
- Review app usage
- Prevent a user from using PowerApps
- Manage environments
- Lab 1: Administration and Maintenance
More Power Platform Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company