Who should take this course?
This course is intended for solutions architects, solution-design engineers, developers seeking an understanding of AWS architecting and individuals seeking the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate certification.
The Training Covers These Topics:
- Identify AWS architecting basic practices.
- Explore using the AWS management tools: The AWS Console, Command Line Interface (CLI), and CloudFormation in a lab environment.
- Examine the enforcement of accounts security using policies.
- Identify the elements that build an elastic, secure, virtual network that includes private and public subnets.
- Practice building an AWS core networking infrastructure.
- Determine strategies for a layered security approach to Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) subnets.
- Identify strategies to select the appropriate compute resources based on business use-cases.
- Practice building a VPC and adding an Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) instance in a lab environment.
- Practice installing an Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) instance and an Application Load Balancer (ALB) in the VPC you created.
- Compare and contrast AWS storage products and services, based on business scenarios.
- Compare and contrast the different types of AWS database services based on business needs.
- Practice building a highly available, auto-scaling database layer in a lab.
- Explore the business value of AWS monitoring solutions.
- Identify the role of monitoring, event driven load balancing, and auto scaling responses, based on usage and needs.
- Identify and discuss AWS automation tools that will help you build, maintain and evolve your infrastructure.
- Discuss network peering, VPC endpoints, gateway and routing solutions based on use-cases.
- Discuss hybrid networking configurations to extend and secure your infrastructure.
- Discuss the benefits of microservices as an effective decoupling strategy to power highly available applications at scale.
- Explore AWS container services for the rapid implementation of an infrastructure-agnostic, portable application environment.
- Identify the business and security benefits of AWS serverless services based on business examples.
- Practice building a serverless infrastructure in a lab environment.
- Discuss the ways in which AWS edge services address latency and security.
- Practice building a CloudFront deployment with an S3 backend in a lab environment.
- Explore AWS backup, recovery solutions, and best practices to ensure resiliency and business continuity.
- Build a highly available and secure cloud architecture based on a business problem, in a project-based facilitator-guided lab.
1 – Architecting Fundamentals Review
- AWS Services and Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Models
- AWS API Tools
- Securing your infrastructure
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Hands-on lab: Explore Using the AWS API Tools to Deploy an EC2 Instance
2 – Account Security
- Security Principals
- Identity and Resource-Based Policies
- Account Federation
- Introduction to Managing Multiple Accounts
3 – Networking, Part 1
- IP Addressing
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Patterns and Quotas
- Internet Access
- Network Access Control Lists (NACLs)
- Security Groups
4 – Compute
- Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
- EC2 Instances and Instance Selection
- High Performance Computing on AWS
- Lambda and EC2, When to Use Which
- Hands-On Lab: Build Your Amazon VPC Infrastructure
5 – Storage
- Amazon S3, Security, Versioning and Storage Classes
- Shared File Systems
- Data Migration Tools
6 – Database Services
- AWS Database Solutions
- Amazon Relational Database Services (RDS)
- DynamoDB, Features and Use Cases
- Redshift, Features, Use Cases and Comparison with RDS
- Caching and Migrating Data
- Hands-on Lab: Create a Database Layer in Your Amazon VPC Infrastructure
7 – Monitoring and Scaling
- Monitoring: CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and VPC Flow Logs
- Invoking Events
8 – Automation
- AWS Systems Manager
9 – Containers
- Monitoring Microservices with X-Ray
10 – Networking Part 2
- VPC Peering & Endpoints
- Transit Gateway
- Hybrid Networking
- Route 53
11 – Serverless Architecture
- Amazon API Gateway
- Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS
- Amazon Kinesis Data Streams & Kinesis Firehose
- Step Functions
- Hands-on Lab: Build a Serverless Architecture
12 – Edge Services
- Edge Fundamentals
- Amazon CloudFront
- AWS Global Accelerator
- AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), DDoS and Firewall Manager
- AWS Outposts
- Hands-On Lab: Configure an Amazon CloudFront Distribution with an Amazon S3 Origin
13 – Backup and Recovery
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- AWS Backup
- Recovery Strategies
More AWS Classes
What People Are Saying About Us
Really good progression on Excel Levels 1-3. Was able to take a decent survey of the capability of Excel and work on target areas like V-LookUp which were of special importance to me. You can save the Manuals Work Books for reviewing and recreating lessons as practice
Carolyn did a great job at teaching the class and making all of the information feel manageable and easy to understand. Although the class was small and quiet she stayed engaging and thorough the entire time. I would definitely recommend this class to others!
Carolyn was a phenomenal teacher! I learned many new things from the Excel 3 course that I took; I can’t wait to take other courses that Data Creative offers.
I absolutely loved the trainings I have taken with Data Creative. The instructors are very professional, easy to follow, knowledgeable and friendly. The groups are relatively small, so you get personal attention. I highly recommend them for everyone that wants to learn new skills or improve their performance.
Awesome training at a very good pace. Trainers were very open to example scenarios and unique questions. Highly recommend!
Today I was took the excel level 2 class with Data Creative. The instructor was very professional and knowledgeable. He presented everything available to the lesson and more. I will definitely be taking the 3rd lesson through Data Creative.
I completed the level 1 and level 2 PowerPoint training with Damian and I learned so much! I’ve been using PowerPoint for a while and had no idea that there was so much you could do with it. Damian was very easy to follow, friendly, and willing to answer any and all questions. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone looking to fine tune their skills in PowerPoint.
Excellent communication and class setup. Classes are well structured, not too fast-paced. Nice materials, easy to review and follow even if you do not have two screens!
Trish was an excellent facilitator and very personable. The class, Excel Level 4, was easy to follow and she encourage us all day to ask questions! She supplied us with a lot of useful information and “extras”. I learned what I was hoping to learn and had fun doing it.
I took the Excel Level 1, 2, 3, and the Power Point class. I have worked with Excel for over 20 years and I am blown away on how much I thought I knew, but really didn’t know. I would recommend Data Creative to anyone who would want to learn more about what different programs can do. I will be looking forward to any other class my place of employment will want me to take through this company